Avant-garde Materials Simulation is the world-leading provider of software for organic Crystal Structure Prediction (CSP). We rapidly deploy new technology to some of the leading pharmaceutical companies. We put the principles of sustainable development into practice and offer a multicultural working environment with an academic touch. We are a multicultural team that develops software for a global market. Our team is constantly growing and more support is required.
Your main mission is to assist Management and Administration Departments with day-to-day operations in English and German. Your main objective is to help keeping the company running smoothly.
The position is full time, permanent, and bilingual: English, German – French is a plus.
You will start asap and report to M.A Elsa Gheziel-Neumann, Director at Avant-garde Materials Simulation. You will primarily assist Management, and support functions such as Human Resources, Administration and IT in the following domains:
• Collecting digital and hard-copy accounting documents (invoices, receipts, credit card statements, bank statements, etc) and upload to DATEV
• Collaboration with our accountancy firm: email and phone correspondence
• Business credit cards: gather and scan related receipts from team + DATEV upload
Administration and Archiving
• Organise and follow up of mail: sending, distribution and follow up of the (e)mail
• Write simple (e)mails in German related to public administration or service providers
• Archive and make available on short notice hard copies and electronic documents for management on the file server and in physical folders
• Write simple letters and Emails in German related to public administration or service providers
• Scan all hard copies and place them on the file server
• Proof reading of administrative documents
• Post new information on website and wiki
Office Management in order to improve the working atmosphere for the Team
• Prepare and deliver birthday presents
• Organize and supervise office cleaning including letting in cleaning company once per week early in the morning
• Maintain access and inventory of small material (keys, travel laptops, books, etc…) for the Team
• Do simple office maintenance (coffee machine, printers)
• Organise and purchase drugstore, food articles and flowers in line with our fair-trade, organic and local first policy
• Organise and follow up on small repairs and maintenance jobs with craftsmen and service providers whenever necessary
• Write documents to gather internal information/procedures to be used by the Team, i.e kitchen rules, internal contacts list, HOW-TOs
• Organise office life during holiday or absence of management: Key and safe access, access to offices for external provider, – Dependencies and Agenda check
Events & travel Organisation
• Help Human Resources (HR) to organise Team Events including catering
• Help HR to organise workshops and conferences
• Register management for conferences
• Register company for commercial exhibitions and prepare exhibition material
• Organize management travel to customers, conferences and commercial exhibitions
• Assist visitors to AMS with their travel arrangements as required
• Have a strong sense of organisation
• At work you are self-responsible, very structured and solution-oriented
• You can execute complex sub-projects independently, but report regularly to HR
• Can-do attitude: if something is new or difficult to achieve you see it as a challenge, not as an obstacle
• You care about Ethics in Business: internally you show respect to your colleagues by giving your best at work. Globally you care for the impact of your work on people and planet
• You are a Team-player more interested in exchanging with People than gaining influence on them, the success of the company matters to you
• Intercultural awareness: you easily adapt to different nationalities and educational background
• You are familiar with modern software tools and Microsoft Office (MAC and/or PC)
• You have good organisation and communication skills in small teams
• You are fluent in written and spoken German and English
• You have gathered work experience in different business contexts and or various countries
• No degree required
• Working knowledge of written and spoken French would be a plus
We are a small family business with short communication paths. The impact of your work is immediately visible and directly supports other team members. We aim to provide a professional environment in which people from all over the world at different stages of their lives can find the work-life balance that suits them. Because we care about our employees, our customers´needs, scientific progress and the planet, working at AMS does have a meaning.
• Flexible work time management around core hours
• Part-time work for some of the positions
• Training for job specific topics as well as to grow your own potential
• Yearly: 25 days paid leave + about 10 days public holidays, on a full-time basis
• Equal opportunity policy
AMS is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled applicants, regardless of their race, gender, disabilities, religion/beliefs or age.
First of all: go to our Application Form. Since we take security very seriously, it is useless to send us a mail with a cv : we never open attachments from unknown sources. Please indicate your earliest availability.
What matters most to us, beyond your skills and experience, is your mindset. Tell us more about your soft skills in your cover letter!