Avant-garde Materials Simulation is the world-leading provider of software for organic Crystal Structure Prediction (CSP). We rapidly deploy new technology to some of the leading pharmaceutical companies. We put the principles of sustainable development into practice and offer a multicultural working environment with an academic touch. We are a multicultural team that develops software for a global market. Our team is constantly growing and more support is required.
The position is full time, permanent, and bilingual: English, German. French is a plus. You will report to M.A Elsa Gheziel, CEO, Director of Human Resources, Administration and Communication at Avant-garde Materials Simulation Deutschland GmbH.
Your main mission is to assist E. Gheziel in all administrative tasks related to the accounting, invoicing, administration and office management, in close contact with our secretary and Human Resources Assistant. You thus play a key role in enabling the CEO to focus on Strategy and contribute to its implementation.
After one year you should be able to take over the invoicing and administration daily operations, as well as the Office Management. As an officer, you would still report to the CEO on invoicing follow up in order to enable her a better global overview on finances planning and Business Development.
• You are in charge of insuring on-time staffing and delivery of all and any administration related duties and communicate accordingly internally ad to external partners;
• Subsidized projects: follow up on delivering reports, time-sheets and other documents with external partners (Academics, providers, government agencies) both in German and English language;
• Follow up of legal aspects on Services, Licence Agreements, Contracts in English;
• Trade mark and IP related deposit and follow up with external legal partners.
Invoicing and Business Development Follow up
• Follow up on Business Development: from quote to PO, to invoicing;
• Write invoices for customers in our ERP (Odoo), post them on cus-tomers platforms, do the payment follow up, follow up with our accountant;
• Relationship with our accountant: clarify invoicing positions, help preparing the yearly statement, clarify credit notes for licence fees;
• Trade mark and IP related deposit and follow up with external legal partners;
• Verification and research of accounting pieces: documents related to the accounting have been uploaded on the DATEV´s platform. On request of management and our accountant, you might have to look for certain information/documents to clarify some positions (visa cards, travels, furniture, hardware…).
Office management: maintain quality of the working atmosphere
• Re-organise archiving of documents;
• Re-organise access and inventory of small material;
• Be the link with IT to ensure some basic problems (printers, scanners, any hardware dysfunction) are solved on the mid-term;
• Have an overview to review what is good, what can be improved:
- Do we need some rules, for this or that? How can we introduce a rule?
- How to maintain a space where you can both relax and work?
- Organise craftsmen whenever necessary.
• Organise office life during holiday or absence of management:
- Key and safe access;
- Access to offices for external providers;
- Dependencies and Agenda check.
• Problem-solving: at work you are self-responsible, very structured and solution-oriented;
• Rationality and Flexibility: you are a quick learner, you quickly detect inconsistencies, and you systematically self-control your error level. You like numbers and calculations;
• Team working: you execute complex sub-projects independently. You spontaneously communicate with your other departments and colleagues who have a scientific and technical background, and report to the CEO if required;
• Prioritisation: you can deliver synthetic information to support decision making of CEO, you differentiate between details and management relevant decisions;
• Loyalty: you have a sense for confidentiality. With you, customers and company information are safe. In case of conflict, you adopt management perspective first;
• Ethics at work: internally you show respect to your colleagues by giving your best. You care about your global impact on people and planet.
• You are proficient in working German and English, French would be a plus;
• Bachelor Degree in Business Administration or “Kaufmann/-frau für Büromanagement”;
• You have gathered work experience (3 to 5 years) in different business contexts, preferably in international working environments;
• You are familiar with Excel calculation sheets and ERP/CRM;
• You can process orders and proof-read legal English and German;
• Experience with German administrations and local authorities required.
We are a small family business with short communication paths. The impact of your work is immediately visible and directly supports other team members. We aim to provide a professional environment in which people from all over the world at different stages of their lives can find the work-life balance that suits them. Because we care about our employees, our customers´ needs, scientific progress and the planet, working at AMS does have a meaning.
• Flexible work time management around core hours;
• Part-time work for some of the positions;
• Training for job specific topics as well as to grow your own potential;
• Yearly: 25 days paid leave + about 10 days public holidays, on a full-time basis;
• Equal opportunity policy.
AMS is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled applicants, regardless of their race, gender, disabilities, religion/beliefs or age.
First of all: go to our Application Form. Since we take security very seriously, it is useless to send us a mail with a cv : we never open attachments from unknown sources. Please indicate your earliest availability.
What matters most to us, beyond your skills and experience, is your mindset. Tell us more about your soft skills in your cover letter!