Avant-garde Materials Simulation is the world-leading provider of software for organic Crystal Structure Prediction (CSP). We rapidly deploy new technology to some of the leading pharmaceutical companies. We put the principles of sustainable development into practice and offer a multicultural working environment with an academic touch. We are a multicultural team that develops software for a global market. Our team is constantly growing and more support is required.
The position is full time, permanent, and bilingual: English, German. French is a plus. You will report to M.A Elsa Gheziel, CEO, Director of Human Resources, Administration and Communication at Avant-garde Materials Simulation Deutschland GmbH.
Your main mission is to assist E. Gheziel in all administrative tasks related to Recruitment, Human Resources and Communication, in close collaboration with our Secretary and Managing Assistant. You thus play a key role in enabling the CEO to focus on Strategy and contribute to its implementation.
After one year you should be able to take over more responsibilities in the fields of Recruitment and Human Resources. As an officer, you will still report to the CEO in regular intervals and provide up-to-date overviews for decision making.
Recruitment, On and Off-boarding
• Support HR to organise recruitment: organise services, organise tests based on templates, collect applications and test results, schedule interviews;
• Review, update and post job ads;
• Adapt job ads for social medias, on-line job platforms in different languages;
• Move applications through our hiring procedure in a dedicated ATS;
• Check candidates and hires’ personal data;
• Administration of on- and off-boarding;
• Coordination and follow up with IT.
• You are in charge of enforcing application of policies and give all necessary feed-back to CEO in order to adapt policies as AMS keeps growing;
• Write, review and document policies in English, dispatch information to Team;
• Support organisation of short sessions and workshops to make sure these rules are alive and evolve;
• Write and update articles, in particular about policies, on the AMS wiki.
• Control working-time sheets in order to compile monthly salary information for our accountant;
• Process leaves requests (paid, sick…): discuss with people, check agendas and dependencies;
• Update and maintain employee data base in Odoo;
• Support HR to organise training;
• Organise Team events with workshops, catering and outdoor activities;
• Gather information for appraisal interviews;
• Documentation of HR workflows and procedures.
Corporate ID & Communication
• Follow-up on graphic design works with external partners (flyers, booth, icons…);
• Update and follow-up of website redesign;
• Organise participation in conferences and commercial exhibitions;
• Update PPT presentations based on input from management;
• Support HR to organise workshops with industrial and academic partners.
• Problem-solving: at work you are self-responsible, very structured and solution-oriented;
• Flexibility and Empathy: you are a quick learner. You like to listen to people, and understand their perspective in order to find a common agreement;
• Team working and Intercultural Awareness: you like to execute complex sub-projects independently, because you understand when communication with multicultural colleagues who have a scientific background, and reporting to the HR Director is required;
• Prioritisation: you can deliver synthetic information to support decision making of HR Director, you differentiate between details and management relevant decisions;
• Loyalty: you have a sense for confidentiality. With you, company and customers information are safe. In case of conflict, you adopt management perspective first;
• Ethics at work: internally you show respect to your colleagues by giving your best. You care about your global impact on people and planet.
• You are proficient in working German and English: writing and proof reading;
• You have gathered work experience (3 to 5 years) in different business contexts, preferably in various countries or international working environments;
• Degree in Social Sciences or Human Resources – or broad general culture and intellectual curiosity;
• You are familiar with cloud-based solutions, HRIS and Microsoft Office (MAC and/or PC);
We are a small family business with short communication paths. The impact of your work is immediately visible and directly supports other team members. We aim to provide a professional environment in which people from all over the world at different stages of their lives can find the work-life balance that suits them. Because we care about our employees, our customers´needs, scientific progress and the planet, working at AMS does have a meaning.
• Flexible work time management around core hours;
• Part-time work for some of the positions;
• Training for job specific topics as well as to grow your own potential;
• Yearly: 25 days paid leave + about 10 days public holidays, on a full-time basis;
• Equal opportunity policy.
AMS is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled applicants, regardless of their race, gender, disabilities, religion/beliefs or age.
First of all: go to our Application Form. Since we take security very seriously, it is useless to send us a mail with a cv : we never open attachments from unknown sources. Please indicate your earliest availability.
What matters most to us, beyond your skills and experience, is your mindset. Tell us more about your soft skills in your cover letter!